Wednesday 1 October 2014

Wedding Countdown: temptations abound!

29 Days until we leave for Fiji.
33 Days until the wedding.

Today I was reminded of how much I use food as a crutch to prop myself up when everything goes pear-shaped - or even slightly out of the ordinary!

I won't go into details but suffice to say a rather annoying email from a certain faculty member had me craving something, hell, ANYTHING sweet today! I can, however, proudly state 'I did not succumb!' I followed the same activity and eating plan as yesterday (mainly because I haven't been grocery shopping yet), managed to get through a whole Barre Conditioning DVD class (oh boy, that was a challenge!) AND went to Breathe this evening.

Therein lay the second temptation of the day; the scales. But I have set myself this challenge and that generally steals my resolve enough to overcome these pesky thorns, so I can also say 'I did not give in to the temptation to sneak a peak at the scales'.

What's the big deal about not weighing myself more than once a week? I don't know about blokes but most women know that their weight can fluctuate quite significantly from one day to the next. Weighing in once a week is really a bit of a stretch - given the monthly roller coaster ride our hormones take us on but it's a compromise between accuracy and accountability - since a month is a very long time to go without feedback. If I had weighed myself tonight (a mere 2 days after my initial weigh-in) I could have found one of three things; 1. I am still 59 kg; 2. I am less than 59 kg or; 3. I am more than 59kg. Both the first and last outcomes would do nothing to improve my resolve so the odds are not in favour of premature weigh-ins!

So here I am at the end of a long day, thoroughly exhausted but also just a little proud of myself for making such a sterling effort. Now to transfer some of that resolve to completing invitations and some beading work for my wedding cuff! We've left it way too late for printed invitations so I'm taking my dearest friend's advice and researching electronic options. More on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment